Strait Area Trails Association
POSITION: Trail Worker
FUNCTION OF JOB: Trail development through the building and maintenance of trails related to the Port Hawkesbury Trails.
SUPERVISION: You report and are responsible to the Trail Crew Leader and Town of Port Hawkesbury Recreation Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Trail development work involving activities related to trail work including, but not limited to, erosion control, trimming vegetation, trail analysis, materials transport, and the proper and safe use of tools, materials, and other equipment.
1. Ability to work effectively with others.
2. Good health, strength, and endurance for outdoor physical labor.
3. Willingness to learn and review by participating in the training necessary to do proper trail work, and to always perform activities and use tools both properly and safely.
4. Must be enrolled in an educational program in September, 2017.
5. Preference will be given to those who are going in their second year of Natural Resources , or Environmental studies.
1. Healthy outdoor exercise.
2. Opportunity to meet other volunteers.
3. Trail development experience
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, June 5 – August 11, 2017 (ten weeks)
Deadline: May 2, 2017
Please email letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to 606 Reeves Street, Port Hawkesbury, N.S. B9A 2R7