Summer Employment Opportunity- Festival/Market Coordinator (2 positions)
Festival/Market Coordinator (2 positions): Port Hawkesbury
Job Type: Student, Full-time (term) 12 weeks (35 hrs/week)
(Festival Events Coordinator position – May 21 – August 10) ($12/hr)
(Market Coordinator position – June 4 – August 24) ($12/hr)
Employers: Festival of the Strait Society/Ceilidh Market
Apply by email: Send your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: April 30th, 2018 (by 5pm)
If you want to gain valuable experience as a special events coordinator, we are seeking two positions to assist two organizations: Festival of the Strait Society and the Port Hawkesbury Ceilidh Market. Successful candidates will be tasked: to complete weekly work plans during their 12 week period. Both positions will provide valuable experience in the areas of special events planning, coordination, and facilitation, as well as market planning, coordination, and facilitation. Both positions will include marketing of organizations using various social media platforms, and outreach work, as well as other related work tasks. Work hours and schedule may vary; some evenings and weekends may be required. Although each position will be designated to one particular organization, both successful coordinator candidates will be asked to complete co-coordination tasks for both the Festival and the Market when necessary, and other related tasks during the 12 week term.
Eligibility: You must be a student returning to a post-secondary institution in Nova Scotia - September, 2018.
Skill Set: Events Coordinators must enjoy being a part of the action, and working with people. They have excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and are able to successfully negotiate contracts that are true to the best interests of the organization(s) they represent. Events coordinators are very dedicated to their work, and take pride in ensuring their events are successfully executed.
- Responsible and able to complete tasks by established deadlines (follow work plans and complete weekly reporting to supervisors).
- Friendly, people-oriented, self-motivated team player.
- Detail-oriented with excellent mature problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize and organize tasks
- Experience in marketing, advertising and communication would be helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, social media platforms, and email technologies.
- Access to a vehicle (valid drivers license), cell phone, computer and/or other tools required to accomplish tasks.
- Strong coordination skills and the ability to follow each organizations’ mandates.
- Willing to learn new job-related skills.
Interviews: Only those applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week of May 7th, 2018. When applicants are chosen for interviews, successful candidates will be selected based on merit, experience, and communication skills.
Find Events in Port Hawkesbury
January 15, 2021
Agenda-Jauary 19, 2021 Virtual Committee of the Whole Meeting
For an invitation to view/attend virtually, please contact Melissa Warner at email@example.com
AGENDA - JANUARY 19, 2021
January 13, 2021
There is a water break on MacLeod Avenue. The water has been turned off, and the estimated time of completed repairs is 11:30...
January 11, 2021
Employment Opportunity - Arena Operator - Casual
Employment Opportunity - Arena Operator -...
January 08, 2021
Drop In Skate Cancellation
Due to today's extension of Public Health restrictions all Drop In Skates are now cancelled until Jan. 24, 2021. We apologize for any...