Phase 5 Facility Update
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Town of Port Hawkesbury has made changes to facility operations to ensure compliance with the start of Phase 5 of Nova Scotia’s reopening plan. Please note some important updates regarding activities at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre.
Beginning October 4, 2021 the Civic Centre will have new and enhanced directional signage for visitors. All facility visitors are asked to check in at the box office for all activities during regular business hours (M-F 8:30-4:30). Outside of these hours, visitors should go directly to their event location and should be prepared to show proof of vaccination. The Town is most appreciative of the collaboration from our user groups.
In accordance with Public Health measures in Phase 5 (beginning October 4, 2021),
Proof of Vaccination status will be required for;
· All arena activities
· All pool activities
· All facility rentals
· All arts and entertainment activities and events
· Recreation programs
· Fitness Centre
· Canteen services
Proof of vaccination will not be required for these essential activities;
· Routine municipal business, in example, paying of taxes or utilities or routine inquiries
· Eastern District Planning activities, unless dictated by that office
· Strait Area Transit, unless dictated by that office
· Legislatively required meetings where public participation cannot be done virtually (such as municipal council meetings where citizens have a democratic right to participate)
Other facility notes:
· Masking is still required in all areas of the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre
· Walking track NEW HOURS OF OPERATION beginning October 4: Monday-Friday 6am-4pm
Find Events in Port Hawkesbury
December 04, 2023
Special Public Meeting - December 7, 2023 - 4pm
There will be a Special Public Meeting of Council held virtually on Thursday December 7th at 4pm.
For an invitation to...
November 23, 2023
Special Public Meeting - November 27, 2023 - 3:30pm
There will be a Special Public Meeting of Council held in the Shannon Studio on Monday, November 27th at 3:30pm.
For an invitation...
November 22, 2023
Sports Wall of Fame Induction November 25th @ 2pm
November 17, 2023
Joint Public Meeting of Council/ Committee of the Whole November 21 2023
There will be a Joint Public Meeting of Council/ Committee of Whole held on Tuesday November 21st at 7pm in the Shannon Studio. For an...