Seniors Needs Assessment Survey Results
Data collected from August to November 2017
38% of the (3004)population of the Town of Port Hawkesbury is comprised of seniors- 55-99 (1135 based on 2016 census), The survey was developed to better understand the effectiveness of existing services and gaps.
The following, while not surprising, represents the recurring factors that faces older adults living in our community.
• Affordable housing
• Access to health care- family doctor
• Home and yard maintenance services to allow residents to stay in their home
• Access to programs and social activities
• Library services
• Loneliness and interest in social opportunities
• Sidewalks and snow removal not adequate for safe walking
• Lack of volunteer opportunities
• Access to public transportation