A COVID-19 Pop-up Rapid testing event is happening Port Hawkesbury this week!
Where: Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre
When: Saturday Feb 20, 2021
Time: 10:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
Volunteers – we are looking for volunteers to assist with all aspects of running this event. Volunteers DO NOT have to be medical professionals – anyone can do any role, as we provide full training and mentoring. All required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is supplied, and volunteers are trained on its proper use.
First shift: 10:30-2:45
Second Shift: 2:15 – 6:30
Roles Required per shift:
Swabbers (3 )
Exit greeter / small survey (1)
Volunteer Signup: Please use this online form to sign up: Volunteer Signup Form -https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd55PYPoEKWIpt7lEWHOBe5Y95l69A7Vn62wlKhPX6WJSQiPg/viewform
Descriptions of various roles found here as well.
The COVID-19 Pop-up testing is designed to be part of the overall testing strategy employed by Nova Scotia Public Health, to find out the prevalence of the virus in the Province. We test people who are “asymptomatic”, which means they have no symptoms. The asymptomatic pop-up Covid-19 testing events are an innovative testing model in Nova Scotia that aim to:
1. Supplement symptomatic testing delivered by Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA).
2. Collect additional community-based data regarding Covid-19 to support policy decisions
3. Preserve health care resources by using a model where volunteers and non-health care providers are trained to provide the testing
4. Build capacity in communities across the province through engagement, education, and empowerment
5. Increase the awareness of the importance of testing as a public health measure; and
6. Destigmatize and increase testing for all populations in the province.
Who is it for?
The Pop-Up Rapid Testing sites are designed for individuals in the community who would like to be tested and meet the following requirements:
1. Asymptomatic (do not have any symptoms of COVID-19)
2. Have not had any contact with a known positive case of COVID-19
3. Have not left the Atlantic Bubble in the past 14 days
4. Were not present at any exposure locations noted by Public Health
5. Are over the age of 16